Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Picking Up the Pages

Where to begin?

Perhaps I should start by introducing myself through a mini and self directed interview.

Marilyn The Interviewer: Please state your name for the record.
Marilyn The Interviewee: Marilyn
Interviewer: Why have you created this blog. Goodness knows the last thing the internet needs is another blog!
Interviewee: I am sadly aware that I am adding to an endless variety of not-so-important bloggers. However, I need an outlet. Even if no one reads it... I'll know it exists and somehow that is enough for me.
Interviewer: What is it that you plan on sharing through this blog?
Interviewee: I suppose it depends on the day. Some days it might be about my latest music obsession, others about my latest products in my Etsy shop, a book I just read for the 2nd time, or even a TV show that I am hesitant to admit that I have just binge-watched (thanks a lot Netflix...we seriously need to break up!).
Interviewer: So basically you are going to be entirely random... Ok...Well...Why don't you explain the significance of your Blog's title..."Picking Up the Pages".
Interviewee: Sure. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what to call my blog. I mean I, like every other blogger, wanted something both witty, relevant, and interesting. I had a hard time finding something to mesh with such high standards. I threw around the idea of something related to my Etsy shop, which is called The Nerd Boutique (No seriously...it is really called The Nerd Boutique and you should probably check it out...) but I did not want to corner myself into blogging only about my shop. I am so much more than my Etsy hobby...you know? Anyway...I am a huge lover of books. I have quite a large collection and I am also working on a PhD in Film & Literature. I even use books as one of my main mediums for my Etsy creations. In fact my idea to create this blog came while I was crafting and while I was stewing over what the heck I should call this little space in the big bad world wide web, I happened to drop several pages that I had just torn out of a Harry Potter book (yes...you read that correctly..."torn out of a Harry Potter book"...seriously...look at my Etsy shop already...it will make perfect sense to you). As I leaned over and picked up the pages...it just seemed to be the perfect fit. I am constantly picking up pages. My crafting is ridiculously messy. Plus there is that love of and something of an academic obligation to books. It just seemed fitting.
Interviewer: Interesting indeed. Well, that is about all of the time we have for today. Thank you for answering all of these questions.
Interviewee: Of course. I was happy to do it. Thank you for having me.
I think that interviewing myself is one of the strangest things I have ever done. On that note...I bid you adieu...At least for now...

 


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment